Let’s face the truth – we all would love to have a survival guide for school break in Forsyth County and beyond. I’d love to have a book I could reference from time to time. Since that doesn’t exist, I thought it would be fun to create a list of over 25 ideas to help you to not just survive a school break but thrive during it & make some fun memories!
Have Some Fall Fun
- Play at the Park: September 29th 11am-8pm – Find out all the detials right here – Play at the Park in Forsyth County 2018
- Warbington Farms – So much fall fun to have at Warbington Farms for the whole family! Check out all the details in the following articles: Fall Fun at Warbington Farms | Warbington Farms 2018
- Kinsey Family Farm – This is one of our families favorite places to go in the fall! Kinsey Farms opens for the fall season at the end of September. Check out all the details – Kinsey Family Farm 2018
- Head to Ellijay for some apple picking! Details on our recent post – Apple Picking Near Forsyth County
- Get lost with your family in a corn maze. Tons of places to go in and near Forsyth County in our recent article – Corn Mazes In & Near Forsyth County
Enjoy An Indoor Playcenter
- Launch Trampoline Park – Cumming GA’s newest indoor trampoline park. Be sure to check their facebook page and website for specials: Launch Online | Launch on Facebook
- Jump TNT – Jump TNT Online | Jump TNT Facebook Classes, open gym and so much more.
- Catch Air – Catch Air Online | Catch Air on Facebook
Free Wi-Fi for the parents + indoor fun for the kids.
Tip: Always check their Facebook Page. They are awesome at offering daily specials to their Facebook fans.
- Monkey Joes – Monkey Joe’s Cumming Online | Monkey Joe’s Cumming on Facebook. Free Wi-Fi for the parents + indoor fun for the kids.
Tip: Check out the Coupons Page on their Website.
- Sky Zone – Sky Zone is located in Roswell but it’s a short drive from Cumming GA and a great place for the older kids. Sky Zone Online | Sky Zone on Facebook
- More Indoor Fun options can be found on our Indoor Fun for Families page by clicking here.
Visit the Library: Forsyth County Public Library
- Spend time checking out new books or movies.
- Spend time at any of the fun library programs.
Visit Dream Dinners
- Dream Dinners provides meal assembly service, making dinner time less stressful for you! Attend a session and make your own meals or choose our Made 4 You service and just pick them up!
- Check their schedule for an opening to prepare meals together with your kids. I have taken both of mine to prepare meals. Read about my experience here.
Go Ice Skating: The Ice
- Pricing: $7 per person, $3 for rental skates, $5 per children under 5, $3 for rental skates
- Make sure to check their schedule of public ice skating sessions online.
See a (Discounted) Movie
Lots of new movies are out. Check out the AMC Theaters Schedule or the Carmike (formerly Movies 400) Schedule. Als,o you can check out Studio Movie Grill for a location near Cumming GA. They typically have great deals on movie tickets online or on Groupon.
AMC Theatre Tips:
- Showtimes before Noon are just $6.
Carmike Cinemas Tips:
- Go on Tuesdays & Save!
- $5 Specials on Tuesday – $5 Tickets, $2 Popcorn, $2 Drink, $3 Candy & More
Go Bowling: Stars & Strikes
- Bowling, Arcades, Poker, Lazer Tag, Bumper Cars & More.
- Tip: Check out their Specials Page & see if you can save on the day you plan to go.
Visit the Forsyth County Parks
- Forsyth County has over 20 parks and playgrounds. Check them out by clicking here.
- Take your kids on an adventurous park tour. Here’s an example of one I did with mine. Tip: I’ve included a template that you can print out to bring with you!
- Hike Sawnee Mountain – we love doing this together. Choose the Spot Rd side or the Mountainside.
Enjoy a Sweet Treat Together
- Plum & Sage Tea Room – Custom cakes and tea room fun! Plum & Sage Online | Plum & Sage on Facebook
- Dutch Monkey Doughnuts – Dutch Monkey Facebook page.
Fresh, made daily doughnuts with flavors for the kids & mom or dad too!
Note: Closed Monday
- Donut Depot: Donut Depot on Facebook
Great donuts at a great price too! Note: Closed on Sundays and Mondays
- The Chill Hill: The Chill Hill on Facebook
Delicious ice cream and frozen yogurt with tons of topping choices!
- Delightful Donuts: All of their donuts are made fresh every morning from scratch, with quality ingredients and priced right. Delightful Donuts on Facebook
- Malvi/Wave Pops: Malvi on Facebook | Wave Pops on Facebook | Malvi Online
Malvi provides delicious homemade marshmallows, ice cream, and coffee all next door to Lake Burrito. Wave Pops makes frozen treats in-house! Very unique flavors.
- Rendezvous Cafe: Coffee, tea, and some pastries. Food served during lunch hours. Rendezvous Cafe Online | Rendezvous Cafe on Facebook
- 8 Degrees Fahrenheit: Thai style rolled ice cream is a fun family treat that is unique and delicious! 8 Degrees Fahrenheit Online | 8 Degrees Fahrenheit Facebook
Hang Out at Vickery Village
- With over 200,000 square feet of retail, restaurant, and office space, Vickery Village provides wonderful opportunities for all. Come and enjoy a meal at one of the great restaurants, shop with our local merchants, bring the kids over for ice cream or enjoy one of our community events.
Take A Night Off From Cooking & Go Out To Eat
- We have a directory of over 50 places the kids can eat free at organized by the day of the week. So take a peek at our directory and go eat where the kiddos are FREE!
Take a Cooking Class
- Sur La Table has fun classes the kids can take themselves or with you. Check their schedule to see what the options are.
Sur La Table Online | Sur La Table on Facebook
- Chef Junior at Kroger – A Kroger Chef will guide your child as they learn to create a tasty food item on their own. Each workshop lasts for approximately 20 minutes and includes activities such as decorating a cupcake or creating your own fruit pizza. You do need to register before you go, click here for the upcoming dates, locations and times.
Do Some Art Together
- Pinot’s Palette in Johns Creek is also a GREAT place to do some canvas painting. Pinot’s Palette Online | Pinot’s Palette on Facebook
- Wonder & Create Art Studio offers art for everyone, (almost) every age, and (hopefully) just about every interest. They focus on the journey (process art), not the destination (product). They are a community of creators exploring art together. Wonder & Create Online | Wonder & Create on Facebook
- Pinspiration in Vickery Village is truly fun for the whole family! Learn more about Pinspiration in a featured article we put together – 10 Reasons to Visit Pinspiration. Pinspiration Online | Pinspiration on Facebook
- Outside the Lines is located in Dawsonville. They do Mom & Me events from time to time that are fun to attend. You can check out their events page online to learn more. Outside the Lines Online | Outside the Lines on Facebook
Send the Kids to a Day Camp
- Pinot’s Palette offers day camps during many of the school breaks. Check the schedule by heading to the events page on their website – Calendar of Events
- The Dojo at Vickery Village typically has a day camp on the days that school is on break. Check with them by calling at 678-947-4076 or checking online.
The Dojo at Vickery Village Online | The Dojo at Vickery Village on Facebook
- The YMCA might have a day camp as well. You can check their programs online.
The YMCA Online | The YMCA on Facebook
- Pinspiration offers different day camps from time to time. You can check their Facebook page or website for up to date offerings.
Spend Time Serving Others
- We have a list of over 14 places that you can donate your greatest asset, time, in Forsyth County.
Grab a Half Price Ticket to Events, Plays or Sports Near Cumming
- Check out our list of upcoming events on Goldstar and get tickets at 1/2 off!
Visit Cumming Aquatic Center
- Take the kids for an indoor or outdoor swim at the Cumming Aquatic Center.
- Be sure to check their school closure schedule.
- TIP: They also have 1/2 price family days the 3rd Friday of EVERY month!
Visit Lake Lanier Water Parks
- Check out their calendar for what events are coming up by clicking here.
Take a Sewing or Crafting Class
- JoAnn Fabric has all different types of classes sorted by no experience, some experience, and lots of experience. You can check out what they are offering by clicking here. JoAnn Fabric Online | JoAnn Fabric on Facebook
- Michaels also offers crafting classes. They have everything from painting to cake decorating and much more! Adult and Kid classes as well. Click here to see their schedule of classes coming up. Michaels Online | Michaels on Facebook
Visit Gibbs Garden
- Gibbs Gardens is distinguished by 220-acres of gardens set in a mature forest in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains.
- Located at 1987 Gibbs Drive, Ball Ground, Ga 30107
- Gibbs Garden Online | Gibbs Garden on Facebook
Check Cumming Local’s Calendar
- Don’t forget to check our website calendar for any special events.
- TIP: Make sure you are subscribed to our newsletter and follow us on social media so you don’t miss anything!
Calendar | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest