When Forsyth County announces that schools are closed due to inclement weather, what do you do? Well, it’s home with the kids for an inclement weather day in Forsyth County. So let the fun begin! I thought it would be great to put together a list of some fun things to do with the kids while you are home.
These are in no particular order:
- Build a Fort: You can use chairs, the couch, blankets, sheets, and more! See how big you can make it. My kids absolutely love this!
- Have a Movie Day: I like this because we can all sit and relax together. We recently watched the old school Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. (It’s on Netflix right now)
- Play out in the snow: Sledding, building a snowman, snowball fight, snow angels, and more! Stay warm and wear layers 🙂
- Stay in your PJs all day: This is my personal favorite!
- Have a picnic for lunch or dinner: You can make all kinds of finger foods and eat on the floor.
- Print a free activity for the kids: Here is a great website resource I found – click here
- Have a baking party: Who doesn’t love to make cookies!?
- Make Snow Paint: I love this idea because you can use the paint outside in the snow. You can find the recipe by clicking here.
- Have a coloring contest: You can either use coloring books or blank paper. Let the imaginations go!
- Do some art classes: We love using Art for Kids to take an art class together as a family.
- Make play dough: This recipe can be made to look like snow. Click here to see the recipe.
- Make Snow Ice Cream: Here is my favorite recipe, click here.
- Use up your milk and bread: I had to include this because we always seem to stock up on milk and bread when a winter storm is headed this way. We make french toast or bread pudding. But here’s a recipe that sounds delicious – click here.
- Play board games or cards: Have an afternoon or playing board games or cards. Use these ideas for card game ideas.