Last year, a new Blueberry Garden opened up for blueberry picking in Forsyth County – Blueberry Garden’s U-Pick Blueberry Farm & Nursery.
We shared it with our readers last year and while I, personally, was never able to check it out I did hear from several of you that made it & enjoyed it very much. One heads up – the garden is located at a residence. So it might feel like you’re going to a friend’s house (or a strangers) to pick. That was probably the most common “surprise” factor I heard back. If you went strawberry picking at Warbington Farms this season or in the past, then you may have seen it then – it’s right next door!
The website also advertises the following:
- Open Friday & Saturday (7am to 6pm – or until berries are gone)
- Open by Appointment through the week
- Pre-Pick available w/ 2 hours notice for each gallon.
- No Pesticides or Herbicides used – using organic practices to grow the best blueberries possible.
- Cash or Personal Check only. No credit/ debit cards.
- Prices – $15 for U-Pick Gallon & $30 for Pre-Picked Galloon (Note: Bring your own container to carry berries home).
The U-Pick Farm & Nursery is located at 5455 Crow Road (right next to Warbington Farms) in Cumming (30041).
NOTE: As with any u-pick farm, be sure to call or check ahead to confirm fruit is available for picking!!
And if you need some recipes after you have picked blueberries, we have some great ones on our “Berry Recipes” Pinterest board.