The following is a guest post, by Cumming Local Mom, Shelley. I love these ideas that she’s sharing – gifts don’t have to cost a lot of money. A little thought and some time can go a long way!
Keep reading for some personal and out of the box ideas that are sure to make someone’s holiday wish come true!
1. Give of your time. Our daily lives are so busy, especially this time of year as we try to cram in a hundred of “to-do’s”. How about finding an hour in your day to visit the local assisted living center, volunteer at the local food bank. or coordinate an even with your friends and neighbors such as collecting toys and then delivering them to your local toys for tots.
2. Create a themed basket. You can pick up a basket almost anywhere, why not fill it with a couple of dvd’s, candy and popcorn for a fun movie night at home. How about a family game night? Fill a basket with a variety of card games such as uno, scramble, etc. There’s lots of fun, unique and inexpensive ideas you could do, the possibilities are endless!
3. Surprise a friend or family and cook them a meal one night! Who wouldn’t love to know they don’t have scan their pantry wondering what to make for dinner when dinner will be cooked and delivered by you!
4. Give a Date Night. Arrange for your friends to go out on a date by offering to watch their children so they can have some time to connect in this busy time of year.
5. Give the gift of an experience: pay for a friend or family member or a child to go to Glazed & Fired for some painting time. They have lots of options to paint a canvas or pottery piece which is instructed by a professional artist plus it’s tons of fun!
6. Donate a Christmas Tree. Out Christmas tree shopping? Why not pick up an extra one to be donated to a military family? Check out Bottoms Tree Farms for a fun filled holiday experience plus with their partnership with FedEx, you can donate a tree to a military family and FedEx will ship for you! www.bottomstreefarm.com.
7. Give someone a new Look: A gift certificate to a local salon, like Level Spa Salon for a fabulous haircut or another service, would make any woman’s day! Who wouldn’t love a new look for the holidays?!
8. Give Memories that will Last. Are you someone who carries a camera around with you? By always taking pictures of your friends and family, get the picture developed and then put in a fun holiday frame to give as a gift.
9. Sponsor a Family. Coordinate with your friends and neighbors to collect and donate time or sponsor a family in need. Check out the local United Way Forsyth or The Place of Forsyth County.
10. Give someone Your Time. Rake the leaves for a friend or neighbor, who wouldn’t love some yard work done for them?!
For other fun and creative ideas, you can also check out our local home page on www.cumminglocal.com for a plethora of sponsors and resources we are so proud to support and be partnered with!
Post linked to Top Ten Tuesday at ohAmanda.com
I all the time emailed this weblog post page to all my contacts,
for the reason that if like to read it then my contacts
It’s actually a cool and useful piece of information.
I am happy that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us
up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
Wow, amazing blog format! How long have you been running a blog for?
you mace blogging glance easy. The full glance of your web site is wonderful, let alone the content material!
Hi there! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone
4! Just wanted to say I love reading through
your blog and look forward to all your posts!
Keep up the excellent work!
These tiny components can damage easily if a large amount
of current passes through them. Soldering methods vary when used to connect components of printed circuit boards
for an assembly to be possible. Imagine how
it feels when all of you in the same state wear the Real Madrid football kit to represent your love and support for the team, while the team is playing
Greetings! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout
out and tell you I really enjoy reading through your articles.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects?