Volunteer Opportunities in Forsyth County
We’re getting lots of questions about finding local volunteer opportunities in Forsyth County and throughout Cumming. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it’s a great reminder to help our community (now & throughout the year). We started updating our list and then turned to Facebook for some help too. Below, we’ve linked to volunteer pages of some recommended organizations. This is just meant to serve as a starting point – definitely click on the links &/or call the organizations that you might have a passion for and see how you can get involved!
Here are some organizations to check out:
- Abba House
- Act Together Ministries
- Age Well Forsyth
- Cumming Ministries & Thrift Store
- Family Haven
- Feed the Hungry Forsyth
- Food for Thought Project
- Forsyth County Senior Services
- Humane Society of Forsyth County
- Jesse’s House
- Meals by Grace (noted: School aged children are welcome to come with parents as long as they are healthy. Dress is casual, but appropriate.)
- Mentor Me North Georgia
- Next Generation Focus
Looking for more? Be sure to check out Forsyth County Community Connection and our original Facebook Post for reader recommendations.
Date Specific Events:
(We know this list will grow as the holidays get closer – we’ll continue to add to it as events are submitted.
- Now through January 31, 2015 – Be Rich
- November 15th – Loving Generously / Day of Service at the Cumming Fairgrounds
- November 15th – Rise & Drive Community Collection & Festival – Donate, Volunteer & Have Fun!
- November 24th, 25th & Thanksgiving Day – Tryptophan Half Marathon benefiting Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta with Totally Running. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Now through December 1st – Holiday Gift Angels for Senior Citizens
- Now through December 31st – Hot Holiday Meals for Senior Citizens
- Now through December – Aerial’s House Toy Collection
Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community. It doesn’t cost you anything but time & the benefits are priceless. The need for volunteers is huge and these are some wonderful groups that could use your time and energy. I have volunteered with Jesse’s House through the United Way and they really appreciated the help from all who came.
If you are an animal lover please check into small local rescues to offer your help. They usually depend on donations for their support and the need for help is always greater than their resources. I volunteer with several animal rescue groups and there are so many ways you can help. Knowing you have made a difference is the best feeling.