Cumming Local’s Top Ten List for Fall Fun in North GA!
No matter where you are in Forsyth County anywhere in North GA is not too far of a drive. Ellijay, Dawsonville, Dahlonega, and more! There are a whole bunch of fun activities going on this fall. Our list of fun in Cumming & Forsyth County will be out soon, but here’s a round-up of some Fall Fun in North GA that we have heard about:
Note: We link directly to the source whenever possible so you can check with them for their operating schedule, weather delays and updates & recommend you check prior to your drive … we’d hate for you to make a drive to North Georgia only to find out something has changed since our publish date.
- Apple Picking: Just a short drive to the North Georgia Mountains and you’re in apple picking heaven! Click here for our Round-Up of Apple Picking Farms near Cumming GA.
- Visit Burt’s Farm: Hayrides, pumpkin patch, fall decorations, and more is what you will find at this North Ga farm. Business hours and admission information can be found here.
- Antique Shopping: You may not like antique shopping, but I love it. There are a bunch of antique shops in Dahlonega. A couple of weekends ago, we just drove that way and stopped at shops on the way. You never know what gem you may find!
- Corn Mazes: If you haven’t been to a corn maze, you have got to try one out this Fall. Most of the ones near us are in Dawsonville. But check out our list and go visit one soon!
- Swine Wine Weekends: Three Sisters Winery has family fun weekends starting on September 14 thru October 21st. The admission is free. Basically every Saturday and Sunday they have music, kid activities, wine tastings, delicious BBQ, and much more! Visit their website and find out more by clicking here.
- Cagle’s Family Farm: This farm has tons of activities based on the time of the year. You can take a peek at their Fall calendar by going here.
- Walk Around the Dahlonega Square: There are plenty of stores to walk around and browse through. Plus right now there is a Appalachian Jam going on. You can find out more by visiting the Facebook page.
- Go Hiking: Cooler weather and beautiful leaves changing colors – it’s a perfect time to hike! My favorite place to hike is in Ellijay. Here is a great list I found of places to hike there.
- Visit Amicalola Falls State Park: This is also a great place to hike. But my family likes to pack a picnic and spend the day up there. It’s beautiful!
- Georgia’s Apple Festival: This festival isn’t until October but it’s definitely worth mentioning. To find out more check out their website.
Did we miss one of your favorite things to do in North GA? If so, please comment and let us know!