Our first (of several to come) Early Release Day of the new school year is this Wednesday, August 29th. In all honesty, these took me a little while to get used to last year with a Kindergartener. It’s kind of a hassle – all that work to get up and get going only to be back at the bus stop for pickup a few hours later. But I quickly came to actually like them. It was a fun excuse to grab a treat or do something fun in the middle of the day and during the middle of the school week!
I know everyone’s situations are different, but if you have the opportunity to embrace the extra time with your kids … embrace it!! Even if you just spend the afternoon riding bikes, making cookies at home or going out around town.
The weather’s looking pretty rainy with Isaac off in the distance, so I’m highlighting a few ideas for Indoor Fun today. No matter what you decide to do, I hope you enjoy it!
- Adventure Kids – Adventure Kids Online | Adventure Kids on Facebook
Open – Wednesday 10am to 5pm, $5 (ages 2-12), Free Wi-Fi
Tip: Take advantage of Adventure Kid’s policy & pack a lunch to get there early! You won’t have to waste any valuable time!
- Catch Air – Catch Air Online | Catch Air on Facebook
Open – Wednesday 10am to 7pm, $8 (ages 3+), $5 (2 and under), Free Wi-Fi
Tip: Always check their Facebook Page. They are awesome at offering daily specials to their Facebook fans.
- Glazed & Fired – Glazed & Fired Online | Glazed & Fired on Facebook
Open – Wednesday 10am to 6pm, Price varies per piece
- Monkey Joes – Monkey Joe’s Cumming Online | Monkey Joe’s Cumming on Facebook.
Open – Wednesday 10am to 6pm, $8.99 (ages 2+), Free Wi-Fi
- Let’s Roll Skate ‘n Fun Center (formerly Slapshots) – Let’s Roll Online | Let’s Roll on Facebook
Open – Wednesday 1pm to 5pm, $6 general admission + $3 skate rental.
- Stars & Strikes Family Fun Center – Stars & Strikes Online | Stars & Strikes on Facebook
Open – Wednesday, 10am to Midnight, Prices vary.
Tip: Don’t forget the Kid’s Bowl Free Program was extended into October, so if you signed up for this be sure to take advantage of it. Also offering $.99 bowling all day Wednesday.
Visit the Library: Forsyth County Public Library
- Spend time checking out new books or catch a special event.Sharon Forks Library – Cartoon Extravaganza
Wednesday, August 29th 2pm to 2:30pm
Cumming Library – Game Day
Wednesday, August 29th 2pm to 3:30pm
Hampton Park Library – Dogs 101
Wednesday, August 29th 2pm to 3pm
Forsyth County Public Library Online | Forsyth County Public Library on Facebook
Enjoy a Sweet Treat Together
- Creations Bakery – Creations Bakery Online | Creations Bakery on Facebook
Open – Wednesday 10am to 5:30pm
Serving a variety of bakery treats.
Tip – I was just in the other day & their bakery shelves are full of delicious looking treats!
- Donut Depot: Donut Depot on Facebook
Open – Wednesday 6am to 5pm
Serving donuts, cupcakes, and a variety of bakery treats.
- Dutch Monkey Doughnuts – Dutch Monkey Facebook page.
Open – Wednesday 5:30am to 4pm
Fresh, made daily doughnuts with flavors for the kids & mom or dad too!
- Ice Cream Social – Ice Cream Social on Facebook
Open – Wednesday 1pm to 8pm
There are always fun flavors at the Ice Cream Social – several even made in house.
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt – Menchie’s Cumming Marketplace Facebook Page
Open – Wednesday 12Noon to 9pm
Always a tasty treat & fun for the kids to make their own!
Tip: Wednesdays are typically “Waffle Wednesdays” – save 50% on your waffle bowl!
- The Chill Hill: Chill Hill on Facebook
Open – Wednesday 2pm to 10pm
Self Serve Frozen Yogurt with toppings galore to choose from.
- Yo Mix Frozen Yogurt: Yo Mix Online
Open – Wednesday 11am to 10pm
Recently opened on Keith Bridge Road, serving smoothies, coffees & frozen yogurt.
Still need to get some work done even though the kids are out of school? Consider Recess by Charley – they’ll get to play & have fun and you can enjoy flexible childcare options. For rates, more information & to reserve your spot, call 678.876.3456.
Recess by Charley Online | Recess by Charley on Facebook
So, those are just some of our ideas. Do you have any? Feel free to share in the comments below.