Create Memories Together on a Family Cruise
Planning the perfect vacation for everyone in the family to enjoy can be daunting. The younger kids want energetic playtime. Older kids want to do something new and different, but still want to sleep in. Dad wants good food. And Mom wants it to be easy and memorable. What one trip can meet all those requirements? A family cruise!
Family cruising is a very popular way to vacation. According to Cruise Line International Association (CLIA), nearly one third of all cruisers in 2017 sailed with their children aged 13 and under. Also, 40% of cruise travelers say they chose a cruise for their vacation because of the amenities available specifically for their children. After the trip, 9 out of 10 parties traveling with children report they were satisfied with their vacation.
- Explore the world. On their first cruise, my youngest son said, “We go to bed in one place and wake up in a whole different country!” It’s so convenient to unpack once and visit several places in just a few days’ time. On a 7-night Caribbean cruise, you can visit Mexico, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica. On a 10-night Baltic cruise, you can visit Germany, Estonia, Russia, Finland, and Sweden. On a 7-night Mediterranean cruise, you can visit Spain, France, and Italy. Imagine exploring these amazing destinations with the kids!
- So much is included. Accommodations, all-day buffet, dinner in the dining rooms, parties on the pool deck, live music all day, a variety of recreation options, child care centers for toddler through 11-years old, designated tween and teen activities, are all included in the cruise price. Things that can be added to a cruise reservation at an additional cost: shore excursions, beverage packages, onboard wifi, spa visits, specialty dining, and casino visits.
- Excellent customer service. Every day, your room steward will clean your stateroom. Every night, he’ll turn down the room, prepare your beds, and leave towel animals for you. You can have the same wait staff in the dining room for every meal, and they’ll get to know your preferences and dietary needs. Childcare counselors are educated and trained to make sure your kids have a fun and safe experience.
- Something for everyone. My husband likes to be active when he vacations. On a cruise, he competes in every ping-pong and free throw tournament. I like to nap and read on a vacation. You’ll find me on a heated lounge chair in the spa enjoying the ocean view. My kids (11 & 13) like to hang with new friends. They’ll spend their days at sea in the tween lounge, movie theater, or sports deck. We all come together for dinner and the nighttime entertainment. And we enjoy shore excursions together. On our last cruise, we swam with dolphins in Cozumel—amazing! I love that cruising gives us the perfect balance of independence and family time.
- Special activities for families.Disney Cruise Line offers fun Star Wars and Marvel themed sailings, plus a pirate night with fireworks and Halloween and Christmas parties seasonally. Royal Caribbean provides meet-and-greets with DreamWorks characters on many of its sailings. Royal Caribbean is also the only cruise line that offers Autism-friendly ships, providing extra assistance for families with children on the spectrum.
For every family, the number of vacations we’ll be able to take together is limited. Make the most of the time you have by choosing a vacation destination where you’ll explore new places, try new foods, experience new adventures, and create lasting memories together. With family cruising, you’ll be able to do all of that and more.
For personalized help planning your cruise, contact your travel agent. Need an agent who specializes in Disney and Universal destinations as well as cruises? Email me at email@example.com.
As an Authorized Disney Travel Planner, and a mom to two tween boys, Jessica has fully experienced every thrill attraction and enjoyed everything Star Wars at Walt Disney World. She knows how to save the day with the Marvel heroes at Disneyland. And she knows the award-winning service and relaxed fun aboard the Disney Cruise Line. Plus, outside of Disney destinations, she’s even cast a magical spell with Harry Potter in Universal Studios. And she loves helping other families create magical memories of their own.