Wondering where to find your Christmas tree in Forsyth County?
My grandparents were right. Christmas ALWAYS rolls around quicker as you grow older! I can’t believe it’s already time to trim the tree again!
Have you started decorating yet? Do you have an artificial or real tree? Where will you purchase your Christmas tree this year?
There are several locations and Christmas tree farms in Forsyth County that you can visit – everything from a real farm where you select & cut your own own tree to the local Home & Garden store where you don’t! You can take a fun holiday experience or even help a local high school with their fundraising efforts.
When picking a Christmas Tree in Forsyth County, there’s a little something for everyone!
Here’s our round-up of places to find a Christmas Tree this year:
Christmas Tree Farms in Forsyth County:
- Kinsey Family Farm: My family has been going here for several years – both in the fall and winter months. It’s a beautiful farm with a great staff & team! If you want to have the full experience and a great farm holiday atmosphere, you need to go here! Kinsey Family Farm is family owned and operated. It’s about 20 minutes North East of Cumming. You can sip on hot chocolate while roaming around their outdoor barn looking at Christmas trees, homemade wreaths and garland that are made from their tree trimmings. Roast marshmallows over the fire pit, take a hayride, feed the catfish, feed the goats and shoot an apple gun.You have the option of cutting down your own tree on the farm or picking one out that’s already been cut. This is a great place to go no matter your age and what you’re looking for, they have it all!One more tip about going here, if you’re like my family, make this a yearly tradition, when you make a purchase of a Christmas tree, you get a Kinsey Family Farm ornament. Every year they make a new one, so start or continue your collection today! Check out this guest post about a reader’s visit to Kinsey Family Farm in 2011.2012 Christmas Season opens Saturday, November 17th. Click here for hours & more information.
- Bottoms Christmas Tree Farm: Check out this great Christmas Tree Farm located in Cumming, GA. With over 1500 trees ready for the Christmas 2012 Season – there is a great collection of choose & cut trees! They also offer a variety of homemade breads, jams & jellies, wreaths, ice cold drinks & more! Santa will be visiting the farm on November 24th & December 1st. Check out this guest post about a reader’s visit to Bottoms Christmas Tree Farm in 2011. 2012 Christmas Season opens Thanksgiving Weekend (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday). Click here for hours & more information.
- Warbington Farms: Warbington Farms isn’t just for Strawberries & Pumpkins! Warbington Farms will once again be selling Fresh Frazier Cut Christmas Trees . Also look for a variety of their famous farm activities – hayrides, inflatable slides, pony rides, and more! Santa is also scheduled to make an appearance on December 8th!2012 Christmas Season opens Saturday, November 17th. Click here for hours & more information.
- Trees! Trees! Trees! at Tents! Tents! Tents!:Shop the Christmas Tree Lot from Tents, Tents, Tents at its new location for 2012 – 1290 Buford Hwy.Open Thursday, November 22nd through Sunday, December 16th. Every day 2pm to 8pm. Click here for more information.
- Big John’s:Big John’s is a 60+ year old Atlanta tradition, family owned and operated. They serve the Atlanta metropolitan area with fresh Christmas trees, wreaths and roping, along with stands, ornaments and more! There are two Forsyth County locations – one in Suwanee and another in Cumming at Hwy 20 and 400.Open Monday, November 19th. Click here for more information.
- North Forsyth Raiders Christmas Tree Fundraising: This will be the second season of the North Forsyth Christmas Tree Fund Raiser. Trees will be shipped direct from the North Carolina Tree Farm. Trees will be available after December 1st. Pre-Order your 2012 Tree by clicking here.
- Pike Family Nursery: Our local Pike Family Nursery is located at: 6050 Bethelview Road. They’re busy bringing in all of their beautiful Christmas décor to help you decorate inside or outside of your home. You can also get beautiful poinsettias and rosemary trees.
- Lowes: Located off of Marketplace Blvd.
- Home Depot: Located off of Marketplace Blvd.
Now it’s just time to light & decorate! Enjoy this Season!
Kroger has miniature trees this year. Not the Norfolk Island all dressed up, but actual Fraziers that are 3ft tall. They even have their own small red and green tree stand. Perfect for kid’s rooms or others who dont want full-size and still want real. I think they are 18.99! Kroger on Freedom Parkway.
Also, the soth Forsyth War Eagles baseball team has a lot in front of the school starting the day after Thanksgiving. Staffed by players and their families, proceeds go to the team.
That would be SOUTH Forsyth High School**