Finding a Christmas Tree in Forsyth County:
The Holiday season is upon us! Wow, where has the time gone? Have you started decorating yet? Where will you buy your tree? We’ve got some great local ideas listed below for where to go to cut down your own tree, take in a fun holiday experience or just need to know where to go to finding a Christmas tree in Forsyth County:
Family Christmas Tree Farms in Forsyth County:
- Kinsey Family Farm: I love this place! If you want to have the full experience and a great farm holiday atmosphere, you need to go here! Kinsey Family Farm is family owned and operated. It’s about 20 minutes North East of Cumming. You can sip on hot chocolate while roaming around their outdoor barn looking at Christmas trees, homemade wreaths and garland that are made from their tree trimmings. You can also roast marshmallows over the fire pit, take a hayride, feed the catfish, feed the goats and shoot an apple gun. You have the option of cutting down your own tree on the farm or picking one out that’s already been cut. This is a great place to go no matter your age and what you’re looking for, they have it all! One more tip about going here, if you’re like my family, make this a yearly tradition, when you make a purchase of a Christmas tree, you get a Kinsey Family Farm ornament, every year they make a new one, collect them over the years like my family has done!
- Warbington Farms: Warbington Farms is proud to present their first annual “Christmas on the Farm.” Come be a part of the lighting of their huge Christmas tree! Sing along with local church choirs, make s’mores, drink hot chocolate, and take a hayride through the farm. The lighting of the Christmas Tree will start at 6:30pm on November 26th. Santa and his wife will be at the farm from 2pm-4pm. Also, perfect time to get your Christmas tree! Free admission and free Santa visit (donations accepted to be given to a needy family Christmas fund). Cost of activities; hayride $4 adult, $3 kids (12 & under), unlimited slide $3, pony rides $5, or get the kid combo pack for $8, ornament decorating $2.
- Bottoms Christmas Tree Farm: Check out this great Christmas Tree Farm located in Cumming, GA. Santa will be visiting the farm on November 26th and December 3rd. Take in the full experience of the farm by going on hayride, roasting marshmallows over the bonfire while drinking some warm hot apple cider or hot cocoa and seeing the farm animals. This tree farm has also partnered with FedEx to enable you to donate a tree to say thank you to our troops and their families.
Updated: Check out this guest post about a reader’s visit to Bottoms Christmas Tree Farm.
- Big John’s: Big John’s is a 62 year old Atlanta tradition, family owned and operated. They serve the Atlanta metropolitan area with the highest quality, hand-picked, FRESH Christmas trees, wreaths and roping, along with stands, ornaments and more!
- Tents! Tents! Tents!: Shop the Christmas Tree Lot from Tents, Tents, Tents at the corner of Windermere & Hwy 20. Lot hours are 10am to 8pm, everyday November 26th – December 18th.
- Pike Family Nursery: Our local Pike Family Nursery is located at: 6050 Bethelview Road. They’re busy bringing in all of their beautiful Christmas décor to help you decorate inside or outside of your home. You can also get beautiful poinsettias and rosemary trees.
- Lowes: Located off of Marketplace Blvd.
- Home Depot: Located off of Marketplace Blvd.
Now it’s just time to light & decorate! Enjoy this Season!