One of the reasons I love fall weather so much is because it gives me the perfect excuse to start a pot of chili! I could seriously eat a different variation of chili every night for a week. It’s one of those meals that everyone has their own little way of eating it.
In fact, I asked on Facebook, and got several different answers.
Here’s 10 Ways to Serve Chili this Fall:
1. Meat Chili – Depending on what we might have on hand, we’ll go either very basic with just meat, chili beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, sauce & spices. Other times we might throw in chopped onions, peppers, and even corn. I like mine topped with or without sour cream & cheese.
2. Turkey Chili – I usually add more chili powder & seasonings when I make turkey chili. I think it’s mental – I just like to see the chili color!
3. White Chicken Chili – I love, love, love chicken chili! Here’s a good recipe, but we use a very basic recipe in my house. Just chicken, rotel, northern beans, 8 oz of sour cream & a block of Montery Jack cheese. Thrown in the crock pot, it’s super easy & I can easily keep the ingredients on hand. I still like it topped with sour cream & cheese (even though both are already in the recipe)!
4. Tofu Chili – A friend of mine shared this recipe with me. Tofu isn’t really my thing, but if it’s your thing … I totally trust this cook, so I’d give it a shot!
6. Chili on top of a Potato – For those times when you can’t decide between a baked potato or a bowl of chili!
7. Chili with Chips – Fritos or Tostito Chips are most common in our house. I know lots of people like oyster crackers or saltines. But we stick with the chips!
8. Pumpkin Chili – It’s been a while since I’ve had pumpkin chili. It’s perfect for the fall and usually a little sweeter or creamier.
9. Chili with Cornbread – Crumbled on top. Served on the side. Or even baked over it … there’s nothing wrong with a little sweet cornbread & chili!
10. Chicken with Pasta – This is one recipe that I actually haven’t tried yet. But I bet the kids would love it a lot.
So, join our conversation … how do you like your chili?
Post linked to Top Ten Tuesday at OhAmanda.com.