Back to School Traditions
So. Whether you like it or not, as August rolls around it’s time for “back to school”. And with back to school, comes back to school traditions.
You’ve done the obvious – you’ve checked the Forsyth County Schools website for the school calendar, Open House Schedules, bus maps, school supplies and more. But what about the fun stuff?
Looking for fun Back to School Traditions?
Maybe these few will inspire you to start a new back to school tradition:
- Host a Back to School Dinner like this one from The Shabby Nest – A great way to have a fun dinner and make sure everyone’s around the table to plan for the first day or talk about everything that happened that first day.
- Receive a visit from The Magic School Bus – If you’re a fan of the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, The Leprechaun, Tooth Fairy … all those things, then this is right up your alley! With a knock at the door kids are greeted with a special message and tools or gifts to get them ready for the first day!
- Lunch Box Taste Test Party – I love this idea! I get bored of making the same thing day after day for my kids so I imagine they get bored of eating it too! This sounds like a really fun way to test new recipes and see what might “pass the test” for the new school year!
- Complete a First Day of School Interview – This would be great to do during dinner after the first day. Sometimes kids need a little prompting to remember everything that went on. And I love the idea of having this as a keepsake.
- Create a Time Capsule – My son has one of these from his first year of Kindergarten, but you could do almost any year and make it fun.
And of course there’s the obligatory first day of school picture – that’s a must!!
Oh – and if you have a rising Kindergarten student, you’ve got to check out this cute “O-fish-ally” a Kindergartener craft!
Do you have any Back to School Traditions?
Comment below & share with us!!