3 Reasons Why Winter Fest Is The Ideal Time To Visit The Aquarium
Every year, Georgia Aquarium’s Winter Fest offers a seasonal collection of limited-time experiences and several ways to save on a visit. I recently had the opportunity to check out all that is offered during Winter Fest. By the way, Winter Fest is from January 2 – March 31st. And I’m telling you this is the best time to visit the Georgia Aquarium.
Today I’d love to share with you why winter fest is the ideal time to visit the GA Aquarium!
Reason # 1 – Some Events Are Only Available Only During Winter Fest
The Coral Carnival and Friday Nights events are only offered during Winter Fest. Both of these events sound fabulous. My favorite idea is the Friday Nights. We are always looking for something to do for a date night and this sounds awesome!
- Coral Carnival: Carnival-inspired interactive and educational coral activities, Feb. 25.
- Friday Nights at Georgia Aquarium: every Friday night from 5-8 p.m., enjoy live music and specialty cocktails. Entrance to the event is included in general admission.
Reason # 2 – These Yearlong Events Kick Off During Winter Fest
Who knew that the Georgia Aquarium had so many great events? I was so excited to see all these great options for either a date or family time.
- Sips Under the Sea, our themed, adults-only Friday-night celebrations. This year’s Sips series includes:
- Patrick’s Day, March 17
- Cinco de Mayo, May 5
- Glow in the Dark Party, Aug. 4
- Pajama Jam, Sept. 22
- New Year’s Eve Black and White Party, Dec. 31
- Toddler Time, our 1 ½ hour educational adventure where parents and toddlers learn about and meet an approachable animal. Held in Oceans Ballroom, Toddler Time takes place the first Monday of the month. Separate charge to attend but general admission ticket purchase is not required. The next Toddler Time is March 6.
- Seasonal Savings
- 20 percent off general admission tickets when purchased in advance online.
- Imagination Nights tickets, receive 36 percent off every day after 4 p.m.
- Me & Mommy, for only $44.95 plus tax, receive an adult General Admission ticket and up to 4 children’s General Admission tickets (ages 5 and under). Available Monday-Thursday through May 25.
Reason #3 – Two Great Movies Showing in the 4d Theater
If you haven’t done the theater in the Aquarium, you are really missing out! Right now, the following two movies are playing during Winter Fest in the 4D Funbelievable Theater:
- Coastal Predators: A 4-D Experience from BBC and BBC Earth
- Ice Age: No Time for Nuts 4-D