What to do?
Later this week, Forsyth County Schools are out of class for a day and a half. It’s an Early Release Day on Friday, March 16th followed by an Inclement Weather Day on Monday, March 19th. Since it’s combined into a long weekend, some of you may be headed out of town. But if you’ll be sticking around Forsyth County, here’s a few ideas to keep everyone having a good time.
If it’s not raining, definitely try to catch some good Vitamin D over the break. Play at a local playground, ride on the Greenway, or maybe even hike Sawnee Mountain.
Click here for a list of Forsyth County Parks & Rec information.
Enjoy an Indoor Playcenter
- Adventure Kids – Adventure Kids Online | Adventure Kids on Facebook
Check into their new Weekly Passes.
Note: Typically closed on Monday, but will be open 10am to 5pm.
- Catch Air – Catch Air Online | Catch Air on Facebook
Free Wi-Fi & Coffee for the parents + indoor fun for the kids.
Tip: Always check their Facebook Page. They are awesome at offering daily specials to their Facebook fans.
- Monkey Joes – Monkey Joe’s Cumming Online | Monkey Joe’s Cumming on Facebook.
Free Wi-Fi for the parents + indoor fun for the kids.
Tip: Half Off Depot was featuring Monkey Joe’s Cumming. Purchase an admission pass for just $4.99 or check out the Coupons Page on their Website.
Visit the Library: Forsyth County Public Library
- Spend time checking out new books.
- Or catch a storytime – click here for Events Calendar.
Flexible Childcare: Recess by Charley
- Still need to get some work done even though the kids are out of school? Consider Recess by Charley – they’ll get to play & have fun and you can enjoy flexible childcare options.
Go Rollerskating: Slapshots Family Skate Center
- Always open for Forsyth County School breaks.
- All sessions are just $6. Quad or Inline skate rentals available for just $3.
- Tip: Get $1 off admission when you mention this FB Posting (click here) and visit Friday, March 16th from 1pm to 4pm.
See a (Discounted) Movie
- Showtimes before Noon are just $6.
Carmike Cinemas Tips:
- Go on Tuesdays & Save! (which doesn’t help here since we’re not out Tuesday – oh well!)
- Super Stimulus Specials on Tuesday – $1 Popcorn, $1 Drink, $2.50 Candy & More
Go Bowling: Stars & Strikes
- Bowling, Arcades, Poker, Lazer Tag, Bumper Cars & More.
- Tip: Check out their Specials Page & see if you can save on the day you plan to go.
Go Pottery Painting: Glazed & Fired
- Take advantage of Open Studio hours. Also open Saturday & Sunday.
- Note: Closed on Monday
Take the Girls for Some Pampering: Sweet & Sassy
- Take advantage of a Sweet & Sassy Girl’s Night Out Event on Friday, March 16th from 5 to 7pm. Click here for more information.
- Or schedule an appointment any time during the long weekend.
Enjoy a Sweet Treat Together
- Creations Bakery – Creations Bakery Online | Creations Bakery on Facebook
Stop in during regular business hours and treat yourself to some tasty creations. Rice Krispy treats, Chocolate Covered Oreo cookies – all sorts of fun and beautiful chocolate & treats!
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt – Menchie’s Cumming Marketplace Facebook Page
Always a tasty treat & fun for the kids to make their own!
Tip: Follow on Facebook for the latest coupons or discounts available. A new coupon usually comes out each Friday.
- Ice Cream Social – Ice Cream Social on Facebook
There are always fun flavors at the Ice Cream Social – several even made in house.
- Dutch Monkey Doughnuts – Dutch Monkey Facebook page.
Fresh, made daily doughnuts with flavors for the kids & mom or dad too!
Note: Closed Monday
- Donut Depot: Donut Depot on Facebook
New Donut Shop in town – getting lots of good feedback from our readers on taste & price!
- The Chill Hill: Chill Hill on Facebook
Self Serve Frozen Yogurt with toppings galore to choose from.
So, those are just some of our ideas. Do you have any? Feel free to share in the comments below.
Photo Source – D Sharon Pruitt