ACE Celebrates Entrepreneurs and Supporters at Annual Awards
Atlanta, Ga. (October 26, 2017) – Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs Inc. (ACE), an organization that helps underserved small-business owners expand through capital, coaching and connections, held its annual awards celebration on Oct. 25 to honor business owners who have excelled in entrepreneurial leadership as well as its exemplary supporters.
“These awards reflect a strong commitment to entrepreneurship, community and service by our clients and business associates, and we are delighted to celebrate their many successes from this past year,” said Grace Fricks, president and CEO of ACE.
The awards and award winners announced and honored at the luncheon event included:
- J. Alton Wingate Economic Partnership Award (aka the “Wingate Workhorse Award”) to Commissioner Christopher Nunn of the Georgia Department of Community Affairs (this award honors an organization that has furthered ACE’s mission in a substantial way through contributions or investments)
- Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year Award to Freddy Marquez of Crown Bottle Shop
- Commercial Entrepreneur of the Year Award to Melissa and Andrew Loggins of Music Authority
- Outstanding Woman Entrepreneur Award to Aysha Cooper of SarahCare of Snellville
- Women’s Business Center Client of the Year Award to Eva Jane Bunkley of Eva Jane Beauty LLC
- Women’s Business Center Partner of the Year Award to Carolina Ramón of University of Georgia, Office of Minority Business Development
- Outstanding Service and Commitment Award to Courtney I. Smith of PNC Bank, ACE Board Chair
- Outstanding Service and Commitment Award to Mitchelle Johnson, CPA, MBA, retired CFO from Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Georgia, ACE Board Treasurer
About Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs Inc. (ACE)
ACE is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and community development financial institution (CDFI) that provides loans and business consulting services to help borrowers throughout Metro Atlanta and North Georgia create and grow stable, sustainable businesses that generate jobs. Founded in 1999, ACE has loaned more than $45 million to about 765 entrepreneurs, which has created or saved more than 6,700 jobs in Georgia. ACE is supported by grants and other forms of funding from banks, foundations, government entities and corporations to assist in its mission to help underserved business owners. ACE has offices in downtown Atlanta and Cleveland, Ga., an ACE Women’s Business Center in Norcross, Ga., and a satellite office in the Turner Redevelopment Area of Atlanta. For more information, visit www.aceloans.org.
For more information about Music Authority, visit www.musicauthorityinc.com.