Mother’s Day is almost here, which means it’s time to celebrate mom! Throughout Mother’s Day weekend, Forsyth County’s Halcyon is hosting a virtual event for moms and kids as well as a pop-up floral shop for last-minute gifts. Several restaurants and retailers are also offering Mother’s Day specials for the whole family to enjoy.
Pop-Up Floral Shop:
On Saturday, May 9, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday, May 10, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., floral designer Sydney Nichole will host a pop-up floral shop at Halcyon. Premium bouquets are available for pre-order here.
Virtual Mother’s Day Tea with Belle from Beauty and the Beast:
On Saturday, May 9, from 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Halcyon will host virtual Mother’s Day Tea with Belle on Facebook Live. Moms and kids are invited to tune-in with tea and cookies at home, while Belle shares her tips on proper manners, teaches a few words in French, sings a song, and talks about the importance of Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day Specials:
- Cherry Street Brewpub is offering Mother’s Day brunch and lunch family packs. View here.
- It’s a Sweet Life Bakery is selling cookie bouquets, available for pre-order and pick-up or delivery between May 6 and May 9. View here.
- Totally Running and Walking is offering its Kick Butt Box at a discounted $150 (regularly $150). View here.
- Lizard Thicket is hosting “Moms and Mimosas” on Saturday, May 9, and Sunday, May 10, with mimosas and 20% off one regular priced item.
- Society Boutique is offering 25% off the entire store on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 10.
- Popbar is offering Pops and Blooms, a Popbar box of chocolates (six pops of various limited-edition recipes), and flowers for $35.
- Apricot Lane is offering a canvas tote and spa facial mask with any $75 purchase.
- Ocean & Acre is offering an assemble-your-own Nantucket Seafood Stew for four. It includes two whole lobsters, four sea bass filets, mussels and clams, fennel, roasted tomatoes and cipollini onions over fregola noodle crab cakes, mixed greens salad, whole baguette and a bottle of wine for $135. Call 678-823-8887 to place an order for Mother’s Day pickup.