Forsyth County Schools are closed for 3 days beginning this Friday (and assuming our Inclement Weather day sticks around between now & then). When you add the weekends in, we end up having 5 full days off!
I must admit, I’m pretty excited to NOT be setting the alarm for five days straight!
It looks like it will be pretty chilly most of the break, but then again who knows. We had a picnic several weeks back so it’s certainly possible. But in the event it’s too cold to hit a playground or ride bikes on the driveway, we’ve rounded of a list of some Indoor Fun to keep YOU warm & the KIDS entertained!
Enjoy an Indoor Playcenter
- Adventure Kids – Adventure Kids Online | Adventure Kids on Facebook
Check into their new Weekly Passes.
Or take advantage of the current Living Social Deal – a MONTH long pass for just $15.
Note: Typically closed on Monday & Tuesday, but will be open 10am to 5pm.
- Catch Air – Catch Air Online | Catch Air on Facebook
Free Wi-Fi & Coffee for the parents + indoor fun for the kids.
Tip: Always check their Facebook Page. They are awesome at offering daily specials to their Facebook fans.
- Monkey Joes – Monkey Joe’s Cumming Online | Monkey Joe’s Cumming on Facebook.
Free Wi-Fi for the parents + indoor fun for the kids.
Tip: Half Off Depot was featuring Monkey Joe’s Cumming. Purchase an admission pass for just $4.99 or check out the Coupons Page on their Website.
Visit the Library: Forsyth County Public Library
- Spend time checking out new books.
- Enjoy a movie with your older girls – Family/Teen Cinema at Hampton Park on Saturday, 2/18.
- Note: Library will be closed for President’s Day on Monday, 2/20.
Flexible Childcare: Recess by Charley
- Still need to get some work done even though the kids are out of school? Consider Recess by Charley – they’ll get to play & have fun and you can enjoy flexible childcare options.
Go Rollerskating: Slapshots Family Skate Center
- Always open for Forsyth County School breaks.
- All sessions are just $6. Quad or Inline skate rentals available for just $3.
Go Ice Skating: The Ice
- All sessions are just $7. Skate rentals available for $3.
- Note: Typically closed on Mondays. Call in advance or check their “Public Skate” online as some sessions are cancelled due to other scheduling.
See a (Discounted) Movie
AMC Theatre Tips:
- Showtimes before Noon are just $6.
Carmike Cinemas Tips:
- Go on Tuesdays & Save!
- Super Stimulus Specials on Tuesday – $1 Popcorn, $1 Drink, $2.50 Candy & More
Go Bowling: Stars & Strikes
- Bowling, Arcades, Poker, Lazer Tag, Bumper Cars & More.
- Tip: Check out their Specials Page & see if you can save on the day you plan to go.
- UPDATE: Click here for their Presidents Day Weekend Specials.
Go Pottery Painting: Glazed & Fired
Enjoy a Sweet Treat Together
- Creations Bakery – Creations Bakery Online | Creations Bakery on Facebook
Bring the kids to Creations Bakery & let them decorate their very own cupcake to take home! Stop in between 12:30pm and 4pm on Friday, 2/17. Cost is $5. No reservations required. Click here for more information.
Stop in during regular business hours and treat yourself to some tasty creations. Rice Krispy treats, Chocolate Covered Oreo cookies – all sorts of fun and beautiful chocolate & treats!
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt – Menchie’s Cumming Marketplace Facebook Page
Always a tasty treat & fun for the kids to make their own!
Tip: Follow on Facebook for the latest coupons or discounts available. Definitely take advantage of their current BOGO FREE offer.
- Ice Cream Social – Ice Cream Social on Facebook
There are always fun flavors at the Ice Cream Social – several even made in house.
- Dutch Monkey Doughnuts – Dutch Monkey Facebook page.
Fresh, made daily doughnuts with flavors for the kids & mom or dad too!
Note: Closed Monday
- Donut Depot: Donut Depot on Facebook
New Donut Shop in town – getting lots of good feedback from our readers on taste & price!
So, those are just some of our ideas. Do you have any? Feel free to share in the comments below.