Back to School in Forsyth County 2017-2018
Whether you’re in the “boo-hoo” club or the “woo-hoo” club, there’s no denying it … it’s almost back to school time in Forsyth County! The school bell will ring in just a matter of DAYS now, so it’s time to get ready for all things back to school.
Here’s our run-down:
- Know the Important Dates – Of course check the Forsyth County Schools website for all official open house and related events.
- Shop for School Supplies: We have some tips for you to make shopping easier as well as back to school drives at local organizations. Click here to read more.
- Get Ready for Some Back to School Traditions – make back to school fun with these ideas to capture the moments!
- Read Up – if you’re sending off a kindergartner this year (like me), be sure to check out this article. It’s an oldie but a goodie!
- Enroll Today at the NEW Kiddie Academy of Cumming: Enroll before 9/30/17 and receive 3 weeks of free tuition! Connect online with them: Facebook | Website
- Schedule a Back to School Adjustment – Be sure to keep the kiddos backs aligned and ready for a great school year! I’ll be doing that with our friend and website sponsor Dr. Marchman at Essential Wellness. Give her a call and let her know Cumming Local sent you!
- Register for Fall Sports – It may be 90+ degrees outside but it’s also the time to plan ahead and get the kids signed up for Fall Sports! Our website sponsor, i9 Sports has a full line up to take advantage of! Click here to get started. If you want to get a peek into what it is like doing sports with i9 Sports, read this article from one of our contributing writers.
- Register for Fall Dance programs – Footprints Dance Alliance has some great offerings for the fall. You can even attend a freebie class to see how you like the studio before classes start. For more information on their programs, click here.
- Fill your Freezer with Meals – Let’s face it fall nights are super busy. So why not make dinner easier by filling your freezer with Dream Dinner meals! Click here to read about the Dream Dinner experience.
- Enjoy just a little more fun – On of our favorite deal sites is stocked full of great savings right now! So squeeze in one more night of fun before school starts and go ahead and plan for some fall fun as well! Click here for the latest deals.
- Lower Your Auto Insurance – Find out how to lower your auto insurance premium with these tips from Craig at Southern Way Insurance Agency.
- Sell Your Home or Buy a New Home – The Cole Team would love an opportunity to help you sell or buy a home. Read a recent article they did about how to get your home ready to sell – click here. Call Stephanie or Meriellen at 770-316-3110 for more information about selling or buying!
- Hire a New Lawn Care Company – USA Land Care has debunked five common lawn care myths. They also share how they can help you manage weeds, disease and more! Click here to read their article.
- Have An End of Summer Adventure – Use any of the other 25+ ideas in our recent article of End of Summer Adventures from A to Z or download our free e-book 65 + Days of Summer.
So here’s to a great 2016-2017 School Year … Enjoy the last few days of summer and enjoy those first few days of school too!