It is hard to believe, that the start of the 2012-2013 school year is just around the corner!!
Make sure your calendar is marked with these important dates:
Monday, August 6th - Middle School Open House from 4pm to 6:30pm
Tuesday, August 7th - Elementary School Open House from 4pm to 6:30pm (times vary – see notes below)
Thursday, August 9th – First Day of School
A few things to note:
1. Parents of Elementary School Students: Be sure to check the FCS Website for your specific Open House time. This information was not published at time of posting, but individual schools have started their own updates at their individual sites & through their individual Facebook pages.
2. Parents of a rising Kindergarten Student:
- Be sure to check the Open House times for your individual school. There may be special times (outside of the hours listed above for your student).
- All FCS offer a Kindergarten Bus Round Up day. This is a great opportunity to ride the bus WITH your child, follow the bus route, and let your child get comfortable with only a few kids on board. The dates vary by school so either visit your school’s website or contact them by phone. If you are registered you should be contacted by the bus driver, but if this is important to you, you may want to get ahead of the game just in case by checking with your direct school.
3. Parent of High Schoolers: It’s always strange to me that dates are listed on the FCS Calendar. Apparently they don’t do things the way they did back when I was in high school – ha!! So, follow up with your individual school for opportunities to get class schedules, lockers, etc. Most are starting to list these dates on the school website or individual Facebook page.
Here’s to a great year for you & your family!